What is YOUR comfort zone? A comfort zone is a place where some of us operate using familiar activities, familiar behaviour ane being at ease believing we are in control of our lives.
Most of us spend our time or used to. It is my old stomping ground. The place that made me feel safe and no harm can come to me. Anything unknown, be it another place, an opportunity, would make me quiver and go into protective mode.
I recall, as a young adult I was always willing to be social, but as soon as I encounter a situation that seems foreign to me I would withdraw. A feeling of suspicion coupled with fear would engulf me. I never dare to push boundaries and explore opportunities to achieve and discover the potential that lies within me. As result, I never knew what I was capable of.
It is a dangerous place to be. It is a place that stagnates your personal growth, hinders your performance, hoards your fear, makes you impactless and unfulfilled.
Everything we ever dream of lies on the other side of our comfort zone. Here are some ways to get out of your comfort zone and give yourself what you deserve in this life.
- Think about the benefits you are receiving from it. If It doesn’t. Get out!
- Make mental changes that you want something different and go for it.
- Be prepare to face your fears and whatever was holding you back.
- Acquire new knowledge. For example, learn a new skill or go back to school.
- Write down what you want to achieve within a certain time frame.
- Shift your focus.
- Be willing to get uncomfortable.
- Avoid ditching your plans when confronted with elements of frustration.
- Push yourself on those day you feel like giving up.
- Take time to reflect.
- Don’t forget to rest. You’re not a robot.
Getting out of your cocoon isn’t “easy peasy nice and squeezy.” But if you’ve made up your mind and be willing to make the change you will take the leap and escape to a more healthy form of the comfort zone. Until you decide that you want to have a different life for yourself, only then things will change. As Jim Rohn says, “For things to change you have to change.” Everything depends on you.